Wednesday, January 14, 2015

2014 in Hindsight: Real World Adventures #2014inreview



Well, 2014 has come and gone and I was made (almost painfully) aware that personal energy makes the world go around.

I need more personal energy. I do a lot for my family and I need to keep my energy up. That said, there have been days when I've been drained to the bone. A change has to happen. Change is never easy, but if I look at it as establishing habits and takes 21 days to establish a habit, then change just might bring up my energy and get me to where I need to be.

Some of the Fun Stuff:

I started the year teaching 1st grade religious ed for my church. I signed up to do it as a matter of practicality – I can't afford the fees for the boys, but they're free if I volunteer.  Quite honestly, I enjoy it. The kids are happy and eager in class. My favorite lesson is: "What did Jesus eat?" and I bring in foods from Biblical times. The kids like the grapes, but some wrinkle their noses at the tuna fish. My boys are in 7th and 3rd grade RE. I believe the classes compliments the morals/ethics/sense of responsibility I want the boys to develop so I'll be teaching RE for several years to come.

April we went to Yosemite and stayed in a heated tent cabin at Curry Village. The water falls are roaring then. We had a great trip and took lots of pictures.


We went to stations of the cross and fish fry dinners during Lent. In May, Joe my younger son, made his 1st communion. I went down to San Diego a couple of times for work related training in May.

June brought swim lessons, swim team, summer enrichment, a trip to Camp Whitsett with the scouts, another trip to Yosemite and a visit to Catalina Island. Year long, the boys did scouts and gymnastics.

September brought a clam bake, Joe's birthday party at Sky High Sports, Halloween, NaNoWriMo and Christmas madness consumed December.

So what did I learn from all these real life adventures?


Answer: I need to take time out for me and focus on my health and weight loss. Welcome 2015 and "Steph's Big Selfie" year! One of the changes this year is that I'll be focusing on eating Paleo.  I'll talk more about a Paleo in upcoming entries.



Question: Do you eat Paleo? Do you have any recipes you'd like to share?

No comments:

Post a Comment