Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Join Red Paint, Crimson Blood on the Summer Reading Trail



Join me on the Voirey Linger summer trail! My short story, "Red Paint, Crimson Blood" is on the Trail. Here's a link to all the other stories on the trail: Short Story Summer Reading Trail

All the stories are FREE reads. Red Paint, Crimson Blood, is listed under the adult reading category because I have it rated R. It's a horror story about the real Vlad Tepes who inspired the creature, Dracula.



The story is set in Bucharest, in 1476, just before Dracula dies. He has commissioned a painter to come and paint his portait. What the painter discovers about the true Dracula is enough to horrify him. If you're in for a good horror story, you'll enjoy "Red Paint, Crimson Blood." The story was a Honorable Mention Winner in the 76th Annual Writer's Digest Competition.

Also on the Trailhead are Liana Laverentz, Celia Yeary, and MaryAnn Miller plus a lot of other authors.

Here's the information on the Trail: The free reads include short stories, serial installments, deleted scenes and book excerpts from published and unpublished authors. The Summer Reading Trail will run from May 1 through the end of July. New links will be updated on the first of every month, so you can enjoy a summer of reading. You are encouraged to explore authors’ websites and blogs, to take a moment to leave them a comment and to bookmark sites and visit often.

I hope you get a chance to check out the free reads offered. It looks to be good fun.

Smiles
Steph

2 comments:

  1. I just read your short story "Red Paint, Crimson Blood." I loved it! Have you read Dracula: the Undead by Dacre Stoker and Ian Holt? It's a sequel by Bram Stoker's great-great something another. I haven't read it yet myself, although I own the book. I always love stories about Dracula, historic or otherwise. He's a fascinating character.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cherie, Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed the story. I had a good time writing it. I love Dracula, but I'm very picky about writing my vamp stories. I want to tie them into the Real Vlad Tepes.

    No, I haven't read that novel, but I heard about it. It's in my TBR pile and I can't wait to tackle it!

    I agree, Dracula is just a fascinating character.

    Smiles
    Steph

    ReplyDelete