Friday, June 18, 2010

Guest Author Series, Welcome Regina Andrews


It's All in the Cards
By: Regina Andrews

June is a wonderful month! Graduations, Father's Day, birthdays.…oh and yes, Flag Day. Flag day? Absolutely. Besides loving my country, which I really do, I have another reason to love Flag Day as well as every other holiday that is considered less-than-major. I'm one of those folks who loves to celebrate even the most obscure occasion.

It all began when I became a greeting card writer fourteen years ago, a job I loved for ten years. Flash forward to today: here we are, the company out of business because the world changed to email instead of personal mail. But I am still a greeting card writer. As they say, you can take the girl out of the social expressions industry, but you can't take the social expressions out of the industry girl. ****sigh****

As it turns out, my husband's birthday is in June. Being a romance writer and greeting card maven (and oh yes, loving him madly, of course), one of my favorite occasions is his birthday. Thus, I recently went into the store to find him some cards.
The selection was mostly humorous, and I gravitated to the other sections. At our company we divided the cards by size, theme and style (rhyme or prose). There were basically two themes for cards for "Husband Birthday": those were 1) Can't Say/Don't Say ("even though I never tell you how much you mean to me I hope you know I love you.") and 2)Gratitude ("To thank you for all that you have give me, all that you have done would take a lifetime…and a day.")
Mostly I found cards that looked like this:











Not really working. He's not the teddy bear type.





Or this:




…which was totally too Valentine-y.

I had a moment of nostalgia where I wished the cards all were like this:






























But that was not to be. Realizing that times had really, really changed, I decided to 'join them' (since I can't 'beat them!'). So I sent him an e-card and he loved it!

Regina's latest book, "Destiny's Designs" was released with Desert Breeze Publishing. Regina writes inspirational romance. You can find her book here:http://stores.desertbreezepublishing.com/-strse-68/Destiny%27s-Designs/Detail.bok

4 comments:

  1. Ah, and I thought you were going to say you made him one yourself! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Wow I would if I were talented enough! Thanks for your comment! www.reginaandrews.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Regina,
    Sorry I'm late, but I love it when you visit! You know, I'm not one for ecards. I just find them so impersonable. Thanks for popping in!

    Smiles
    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for having me, Steph. It's always fun. Hope to see you again soon. Good luck with you newest projects! See you on my blog July 7th --can't wait!

    Hugs,
    Regina

    ReplyDelete