Friday, April 16, 2010

Guest Author Friday - Regina Andrews


I'd like to welcome Regina Andrews to the blog today. Regina is a resident of Providence, Rhode Island --- she grew up in nearby Barrington and still belongs to her church family in that town. After graduating from Providence College she attended the University of Delaware, eventually earning her Master's Degree in American Civilization from Brown University. She is inspired by the seashore and the song of the birds... anything to do with nature. She and her husband enjoy visiting nearby Cape Cod.

Regina's latest book is "Destiny's Designs" with Desert Breeze Publishing and she enjoys writing inspirational romance.

Welcome, Regina!

***

Destiny's Designs: The Fabric of Faith


You know the moment: when all of a sudden, you realize that your most cherished dream, your most treasured ideal is about to become a reality. It takes your breath away, doesn't it?

That's what happened to me when Gail Delaney from Desert Breeze Publishing told me she had accepted my inspirational romance novel, Destiny's Designs, for publication.


The first novel I wrote, Destiny's Designs is a fast-paced, international romance about finding our path in life by listening to God's message of love.

Set in Newport, RI, the hero and heroine are Neil Lamont, a sailor, and Lisa Machon, an interior designer. Each has had a hurt in their past that impedes them from loving in the present.

Lisa is working for Neil's aristocratic mother, and while doing so she and Neil join forces to help out Neil's sister, Bliss. Their efforts take them to France and Italy in a social whirl, but their hearts are at home with each other...once they learn to trust each other, and to trust God.

Actually, I was working for an interior designer when I began writing this book. Still living at home, I would read my newest pages to my parents nightly around the kitchen table.

You might say I had the most supportive writing group in the world, back in those heartwarming days. When those days ended I put Destiny's Designs away in the drawer. Maybe if I kept it in, I could preserve those sweet times together around the table and they would never go away.

Of course, life is all about change and having the faith to move on. For some reason,
I felt I could trust Gail with this book. So I took a leap of faith and let it go.

And I know my parents are smiling now, happy that Gail's gentle touch propelled Destiny's Designs into the light of day.

You could say this novel is about what it's like to live the phrase, "Let go, let God." What is your "Let go, let God" moment?

***
Thanks for popping in, Regina.

Here's a link to her Desert Breeze Page: http://stores.desertbreezepublishing.com/-strse-68/Destiny%27s-Design/Detail.bok

5 comments:

  1. I loved that, Regina! The book's journey is representative of the message inside.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is something to have your first written book in print! Congrats!

    I have many of those moments, particularly with my children who are of "letting go" age.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your website, Stephanie.

    Regina, I found this interview because Stephanie stopped by the Pink Fuzzy Slipper Writers blog and commented. Your book sounds like a good read.

    It does pay to comment on blogs!

    Mary Marvella
    www.pinkfuzzyslipperwriters.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary,
    Thanks so much for popping in, it's great to have you! I love Fuzzy Pink Slippers and I don't get out enough.

    Regina, it was so nice to have you here today. My "let go" moment was several years ago, but I've been happy and at peace with my inner self since.

    Smiles
    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Friends, Thank you Stephanie for hosting me and thanks to everyone for visiting and for your nice comments. It seems that the more we share with each other, the more we find out we have in common! Looking forward to more good reads and more sharing! Thanks again, Regina
    www.reginaandrews.com

    ReplyDelete